Thursday 9 January 2014

Simple idea to add Colour and Personality to your Ikea Curtains

I had some cheap purple curtains that didn't really fit my windows for years now. I've been meaning to get something better for ages and had my eyes on some lightweight, black and white from Ikea for a while.

So I picked them up the other day, and thought, I could really add some cute colour details to it to make it more interesting. After asking around, I ended up going into Spotlight and buying a couple of colours, and used a small brush to colour in some of the leaves and birds.

What you'll need:
  • A curtain
  • Fabric markers
  • Iron
  • Patience 
And if they need alterations, like I did:
  • Pins
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine if you're lazy




I feel so creative, although I realise that all I really did was some colouring in! Sewing was a lot more work than I planned. For one, I'd forgotten how to set up the machine, so I had to google how to wind a bobbin AND how to thread (turns out I was doing it right, but I had to double check). But the main reason why it was time consuming was that on the first run, I'd turned the hem the wrong way and had to unpick it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment